Welcome

Here's my amazingly regular blog with which i hope to reflect on and add my views to events in history

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Alexander MacAllister

Alexander MacAllister moved to North Carolina from Scotland where he became a wealthy and successful land owner and mill proprietor. Upon becoming successful he sent word back to Scotland that everyone should come over to North Carolina because there was a ton of land. After saying this many people came over from Scotland so quickly that towns became overcrowded and hostile towards the immigrants. If I were Alexander MacAllister I would have kept my mouth shut and kept all the land to myself. Some might call me greedy and selfish but I wouldn't want my business disrupted by a whole bunch of people flooding in from Scotland. Now instead of having acres of unsettled land around him, he had houses and farms around him which isn't something I'd like very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment